What is ECEBC? :
• ECEBC is the professional association for early childhood educators.
• We provide a strong voice for the profession, work to educate the public about the value of children, childhood and the professionals who care for and educate children.
• ECEBC provides professional development opportunities, training and resources for early childhood educators, ECE students, assistants and others across the province.
• The collective voice to advance professional and personal commitment to the value of early care and learning by empowering the sector through education, collaboration and leadership.
History of ECEBC:
• Early Childhood Educators of British Columbia (ECEBC) has been advancing early childhood education and care since 1969.
• The association changed its name from the British Columbia Preschool Teachers Association (BCPSTA) to ECEBC in 1988.
• The first constitution written and adopted by the membership at its first AGM in May of 1970.
• Over the past forty years, ECEBC has focused much attention on promoting professionalism and improved educational preparation for its members, as well as on the development of professional support and resources to improve the quality of early care and learning.
• While ECEBC has worked diligently on behalf of its members, benefits have also extended to everyone working in the early childhood field.
• ECEBC has held conferences annually since the 1970, with the exception of 1984 and 2000.
What are the benefits of membership? :
ECEBC Membership benefits are:
• Knowing that by being a member of your professional association you are strengthening the collective voice for the sector.
• You will receive 4 issues of the Early Childhood Educator Journal each year.
• All members of ECEBC also are members of the Canadian Childcare Federation and receive 2 paper and 2 electronic issues of Interaction.
• Membership in ECEBC gives you the opportunity to belong your local branch
• Receive ECEBC’s monthly electronic newsletter and find out about professional developments opportunities and more.
• Receive a copy of ECEBC’s Code of Ethics
• You will receive significantly reduced prices ECEBC’s Annual Conference
• ECEBC currently has 18 active branches
• To find the nearest branch to you go to ecebc.ca and click on the membership tab.
• You can find the contact information for your local branch by going to the branches contact page on ECEBC’s website.
• If you do not have a branch in your area and want to change that, you can find information on starting a branch on the website or by contacting Yasmin Irani the Membership Administrator at email@example.com
• To be a member of you branch you need to be a member of ECEBC
• Full members only, may hold executive positions and vote at a Branch level on matters concerning provincial activities. For example: annual budget
This Page is owned by ECEBC. Our Facebook presence is designed to support connection between members, ECEBC and the sector in 'Standing Strong Together.'
The collective voice to advance professional and personal commitment to the value of early care and learning by empowering the sector through education, collaboration & leadership.